Tuesday 26 August 2008

Robert Crumb Week

This week I have been trying to be Robert Crumb, after someone (Selena) mentioned him in the comments.

Tilly has a mullet
Tilly has just had her hair done. I could buy a second-hand car for the same money. It looks a bit like a mullet. Tilly is less than grateful for my helpful observation.

Photobucket

Random cartoon bloke
Drawn with new fountain pen.

Photobucket

Tentacle monster's show of affection mistaken for attack

Photobucket

Tilly and me
Looking almost entirely unlike either of us, but very loosely based on a picture taken at The Worst Barbecue Ever. Tilly doesn't dress like a hooker, either. Outdoors, anyway.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

By Jove!
old man, you did it!
You did it! You did it! You said that you would do it,
And indeed you did. I thought that you would rue it;
I doubted you'd do it. But now I must admit it
That succeed you did...

I love the tentical monster... do you mind if I save it and use it as an icon?

Ani Smith said...

Tilly's hair looks fab... her shoes remind me of Minnie Mouse, however.

Not Keith said...

selena, my fair lady: I'd be honoured!

ani: Tilly's hair should be fab. I keep thinking of things I could buy for the same money.

Anonymous said...

No sir, the honour is definitely all mine! Glad you got the reference... it was a toss up between My Fair Lady or an interlude from Handsome Boy Modeling School's- So How's Your Girl.. track 4... "look at this face(oh my god they're goregeous)", if you haven't heard that album you should look into it.

I guess my mind works in pictures and sound bites.

OK, so what's next?

I think you should go with emulating Goya doesn't that seem like the next "logical" step. ;-)

Something akin to Asta Su Abuelo... although, you've already done something like that with, "Stan, Stan, the Elephant Man"...

What then?

How about something more Lichtenstein-ian? I don't even know if that's a proper term, but I'm going to roll with it anyway.